What is a Family Child Care Home Education Network?
The Beanstalk Family Child Care Home Education Network consists of a select group of providers who are self employed, independent contractors. Each provider agrees to enroll children from families who qualify for the sliding fee programs (as established by the California Department of Education, Child Development Division) along with their private clients. Each independent contractor is licensed, maintains liability insurance, determines days and hours of operation, rules for their program, daily schedules, curriculum, services to be provided as well as enrollment of individual children and families. Additionally, Beanstalk staff provides on-going technical assistance, assess and monitor each child’s growth and development, establish individual lesson plans as well as implement enriching curriculum.
Who is eligible?
Licensed and insured family child care providers who offer quality programs
that are developmentally appropriate for children, may be interviewed
by Beanstalk representatives and considered for the program.
What is the benefit of participating in a Family
Benefits for the Family Child Care Provider
- One-on-one consultation and on-going training
with Program staff
- Program planned provider/parent meetings and
- Monthly newsletters and tips
- Beanstalk teachers provide activities for children,
model appropriate practices for the provider and continually update resources for the family
- Large equipment loan: tables, chairs, play yard
equipment, cabinets, etc.
- Consumable materials: art supplies, glue, scissors,
paper, paint, etc.
- Peer support within an established network
Benefits for the eligible family
- Reimbursement for naming Beanstalk as "additional" insured
on insurance policy
- Licensed and insured providers receive on-going support
- Affordable childcare in a variety of locations
(near home, work or school)
- Variety of childcare providers representing
different cultures, languages and ethnic backgrounds and different styles of working
- Parent interviews providers and determines best fit for their child
- Nurturing home like environments
- Mixed age groupings, siblings can be cared for
- Nutritional meals and snacks, as well as nutrition
- Modeling of parent skills, parent education
- Referral to community resources, follow-up on
How do I qualify to be in the Family Childcare Network?
Call Beanstalk at (916) 344-6259.
Family Child Care Provider Application
Submit application via email
save it to your computer.
FCC Environmental Rating Scale
Infant/Toddler Development Questionnaire
Preschool Development Questionnaire
School Age Development Questionnaire
Adobe Acrobat Required
How do I find out if I qualify to have my child
cared for in a Beanstalk Family Child Care home?
Program Goals for Home Providers